We're Hiring: Senior Quantity Surveyor | Apopka, FL
Requires Bachelor’s degree/foreign equivalent in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or closely related field. Requires 10 years of construction work experience, to include:
- 3 years of experience with Project Management within a construction setting, including managing subcontractor relationships.
- 10 years of pre and post bid risk management at senior level within the construction industry.
- 10 years of experience with MS Office Suite; OST/DPC; and Spitfire and Quickbid (or other construction project management software and construction estimating platforms).
- 10 years of experience with contract negotiations within a construction setting, to include terms pre-bid and post-award and negotiation of changes.
- 10 years of work in compiling detailed productivity analyses within a construction setting.
- 10 years of work in creating, monitoring and reporting on budgets and Schedules of Value for construction projects of (over $10 million) to provide consistent alignment with Cost Accounting/Reporting.
- Experience may be gained concurrently.
Will serve as the bridge between operations management, financial management, and sales management to achieve organizational consistency. Will manage business risk, applying expertise and knowledge of construction management, quantity surveying, legal and insurance issues to achieve financial, risk management, and technical success. Will optimize the cash flow cycle and profitability of the Company’s construction projects. Major areas of responsibility will be value engineering oversight during post-bid processes, oversight of change order pricing, and management, quantity surveying and risk management. Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Risk management through maintaining contractual obligations across all projects of the company (notices, contractual letters, liaison with attorneys and claim consultants). Reads, reviews and negotiates contract terms pre-bid and post-award and negotiates changes as necessary. Ensures awareness and understanding of contract documentation by Project Management. Compiles contract terms reference sheet for use by Project Managers.
- Oversight of production unit tracking in the field, interpretation of data, and create/update estimating system feedback for accurate picture of field productivity for bid purposes.
- Assists Project Managers and Superintendents to interpret and reconcile financial job cost amounts with budgets. Analyses job cost reports, interacts with Controller to ensure that job cost reports are accurate and up-to-date. Provide financial management of Labor and Material subcontractors. Work closely with and support the Project Manager, Chief Financial Officer and Superintendent in maximizing the profitability and monthly cash flow of all projects. Set and oversee aggressive schedule of value billing templates, maximizing monthly billings, converting Change Order Requests into Change Orders without delay and closing out final accounts as early as possible. Reviews DPC reports, identifies issues and supports Project Manager to resolve issues.
- Work with the Project Manager and set a clear final budget for projects. Budget Creation for optimal and consistent alignment with organizational goals and Cost Accounting/Reporting. Reconcile contract values with submitted bid values, including all alternatives. Reviews final “value engineered” budget for consistency with the company’s policies, accounting principles and guidelines and develops guidelines as needed. Attends the handoff meeting with project management and field operations before the project begins. Assists with the formulation of the construction plan including: contract admin, subcontract management, commercial management. Ensures consistency in post- bid activity across group companies and across different Project Managers.
- Review cost reports and continually align actual expenses with the budget. Oversee and manages change order opportunities to ensure revenue and gross profit goals are met. Ensure standardization of change order proposal in accordance with company policy, financial accounting, and customer requirements with up-to-date change order logs maintained and consolidated across all projects. Review budget adjustments, typically as a result of change orders and sub-contracted work.
- Support and compile productivity analyses, which will lead to productivity maximization and provide actual production data to estimating which will align the company’s estimating data with its actual production output.
- Maintains professional, cooperative relationships with general contractors, subcontractors, engineers, architects and owners. Develops and maintains an excellent working knowledge of the company’s software and other operating systems. Complies with corporate policies and procedures. Develops and unifies company policies and procedures with respect to the financial management of the company’s projects.
Performs other related professional duties as necessary to support efficient construction operations and achieve Company goals. Travel up to 15 percent of time within the United States.